REQUEST FOR A QUOTATION
ULAANBAATAR CLEAN AIT PROJECT
Credit No.: IDA 5039-MN
Contract Title: Supply of Equipment for Testing of Small Water Heating Boiler
Reference No. GLEQ-02
1. The Government of Mongolia (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ulaanbaatar Clean Air Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract no. GLEQ-02 for Supply of Equipment for Small Water Heating Boiler at Stove Testing Laboratory.
2. The Municipality of Ulaanbaatar through its Project Management Unit (PMU) now requests quotation from eligible bidders for the following equipment:
ULAANBAATAR CLEAN AIR PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Name of Project: ULAANBAATAR CLEAN AIR PROJECT
Credit No.: IDA 5039-MN
Assignment Title: SMALL WATER HEATING BOILER MARKET STUDY Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CWHB-01
The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ulaanbaatar Clean Air Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services.
The objective of the assignment is to assist the Municipality of Ulaanbaatar (MUB) through its Ulaanbaatar Clean Air Project Management Unit (UBCAP PMU) to facilitate the rapid penetration of clean, affordable small water heating boilers (SWHB) and develops a sustainable market for clean small water heating boiler market.
The Consulting Services (“the Services”) will perform the following main tasks:
• Assess the current SWHB switch out program under Clean Air Fund (CAF) and identify the challenges facing the program implementation and actions to be taken further. Key issues to be covered in the analysis include: eligibility criteria for a potential switch-out program (including specifications for clean SWHB (or brand names and models of clean SWHBs with related emissions performance information), after sales services requirements, expected outcomes, project management requirements, marketing, distribution and sales. Provide a judgment on the technical feasibility and cost effectiveness of the recommended outcomes.
Brief introduction of Consultant’s sub tasks are:
• Identify the 5-8 most commonly used SWHBs models and study the product origin and technical features and usage and characteristics.
• Identify the existence of safety operations and user’s manual for those SWHBs.
• Collect the information necessary for development of SWHB testing protocols through the testing of households using SWHB and household survey and questionnaires.
Duration of the assignment is 6 months. Terms of Reference of the assignment can be found on the following link http://usip.mn/456-tor-of-swhb.
The Project Management Unit on behalf of the Municipality of Ulaanbaatar now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Consulting Services. Interested Consultants should provide information (experiences performing the similar tasks; human resource) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Methodology, work plan and qualification of consulting team members shall be provided.
The short listing criteria are:
1. The consulting firm should have completed at least 3 similar contracts relevant to the assignment in the last 5 years.
2. Technical and managerial capabilities of the firm;
3. Qualifications of key staff (with proven technical expertise and experience in the field of the assignment);
4. Familiarity with Mongolian conditions would be preferable. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 Edition and revised in January 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualification (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 17:00 hours (Ulaanbaatar time).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by Monday, February 03, 2014.
Contact Address: Project Management Unit
Ulaanbaatar Clean Air Project
Attn: Mr. N. Enkhbold, Director of PMU
6th floor, Azmon Center, Enkhtaivan Avenue 50, Khoroo 1,
Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
The Government of Mongolia has borrowed US$15 million equivalent in soft credit from the World Bank/International Development Association (IDA) to support the Municipality of Ulaanbaatar’s (MUB’s) Ulaanbaatar Clean Air Project (UBCAP).
Гэр хорооллын 500 гаруй хэсгийн ахлагч нартай уулзаж, зуухны хөтөлбөрийн явцын талаар танилцуулга хийж, мэдээлэл солилцов.